We are a group of ordinary people whose lives have been changed by the extraordinary message of Jesus. We meet together each week to listen to what the Bible has to say, because we believe that what God has to say changes lives.
We are Christians, not Jehovah’s Witnesses, Mormons, or a cult. We are part of Calvary Mission, a Christian organisation which has been spreading the good news of Jesus throughout County Mayo for over fifteen years.
We would love to give you the opportunity to get to know Jesus for yourself. Many people in Ballina know about God through a religious upbringing, but don’t really know God for themselves. But through the Bible, you have the opportunity to start a relationship with the one who made you. Perhaps you have questions about life or God. Why not join us to see what the Bible says?
We meet each Sunday for a time of teaching, worship, prayer and fellowship at 11 am at the Ballina Family Resource Centre, Ardnaree, Ballina. We also provide a children’s programme/creche for little ones. ***SEE HOME PAGE FOR TEMPORARY VENUE CHANGE***
What should you expect at our Sunday meeting?
– A warm welcome and a cup of tea or coffee
– Clear teaching from the bible, looking at what it means for our lives today
– Singing some songs of praise to God
– A time of praying simple, earnest prayers
– Chlidren made to feel welcome and included in the service, and crèche run by Garda-vetted volunteers
– There will be no pressure to give any money or say any religious things
We also meet in small groups in homes in Ballina during the week. These meetings involve a time of prayer, learning from the bible and fellowship. There is no assumed knowledge – those who have never even opened a bible are just as welcome as those who have spent years studying it. Please contact us for details if you are interested in coming.